Whether you go with a limo rental in Dallas, or a limo rental anywhere else in the country, you will want to choose your driver with as much care as you do the company you hire. Your chauffeur is an important factor in making your celebration or event successful. It isn’t only the company that needs to be reputable; it’s the driver too. Here are five traits to look for in a highly successful chauffeur:
- Personable: If your driver isn’t personable or friendly, it could make for a very unpleasant and uncomfortable trip. He doesn’t have to act like your best friend, but he should be approachable and friendly to everyone in your group. He should go out of his way to make sure you have all the amenities you need, and work to ensure that you are comfortable during the entire ride to and from your destination.
- Skilled: A successful chauffeur has the skills to drive a limo (any size or type) in a safe manner. He should be able to navigate the streets and highways with ease. You also want to ensure that your driver has an impeccable driving record.
- Knowledgeable: No matter what your destination is, your driver should have the knowledge to get there. Most drivers are equipped with GPS units, maps, and other resources to get you there on time with the most direct route. The up-to-the-minute news will alert them to traffic congestion or construction, so they pick an alternate route.
- Punctual: What good is hiring a limo if you’re going to arrive late? A successful chauffeur always makes sure he is on time (or even a few minutes early) so that you can get to your destination on time. In this day and age of cell phones and mobile devices, there is no excuse for not knowing what time it is (and hey, watches work great too!).
- Patience: A successful driver has the patience to deal with traffic, rude drivers, and anything else that might make others go into road rage. His priority is his passengers, and their safety, so he will do whatever he needs to in order to ensure your comfort and safety.
So, how do you find a driver that has all of these qualities? Start by interviewing the company. If you’re satisfied with their reputation and they have the limo you want for the date you need, then you can ask questions about the driver. If possible, ask to meet your driver before your event, so you can judge for yourself whether or not they will be a good fit for you and your group members. If you can’t meet them in person, ask the company representative about the qualities above, and whether the driver has the necessary traits and skills to ensure a successful celebration or event.
A good chauffeur and company rep should be more than willing to answer your questions and put all agreements in writing, so there are no miscommunications or disappointments on the day of your big event.
Nationwide Limo can take care of all your transportation needs. Visit the website today for more information.