Hiring a limo in Boston, as with any other city, is an exciting venture. Whether it’s a birthday party, business trip, or bachelorette party, a limo is a way to arrive in style. There are some things, that your limo driver would like you to know, but may be too polite to tell you.
- We would like to be tipped: Yes, the driver gets paid either by the hour or a fixed price; but that doesn’t mean that he shouldn’t be rewarded for exceptional service. Just as waitresses and hairdressers get tipped, limo drivers would like to get tipped too. After all, they just spent the evening at your beck and call. Let them know you appreciate their service. A good rule of thumb is 10 – 15 percent of the total cost of your limo service.
- No, they can’t go through the drive-through: Just because the bars are closed and you are having a snack attack doesn’t mean you can ask the driver to go through a late-night fast food joint. Have you ever tried to navigate a limo through a drive-through? Didn’t think so; so don’t ask your driver to do it.
- We are human, treat us with respect: Your limo driver is providing you with a service to make you feel important. That doesn’t mean they can be made to feel that they don’t matter. They are not servants and they deserve to be treated with respect and dignity, just like the rest of us. Thank him for his service and make sure he feels appreciated. Limo driving is just like every other limo service in Boston, it is a people business, and it makes the job much easier when they deal with courteous ones.
- Please don’t make us wait: If you want your limo service to pick you up at a certain time, don’t make them wait. Pre-arrange your meeting spot and make sure you’re there at the designated time. Making your driver wait is extremely rude and disrespectful.
- We are here to help: Your limo driver chose his job because he loves people and wants to help. He is there to make your day more enjoyable, and make you feel relaxed and comfortable as you get driven around town. They really do just want to help you celebrate in the best way possible. That’s why you’ll be hard-pressed to find a grumpy driver who doesn’t take your needs into consideration; that’s why they arrive in a professional uniform and ask about what you would like, or how he can make your ride even better.
Your limo driver can make all the difference between a good evening and a bad one; drivers strive to put on a happy face (even if they’re not quite feeling it that day) so that you can have one of the best experiences of your life. Don’t get so caught up in the VIP service that you forget how to be courteous. You can experience a day in the life of an obnoxious rock star, but you don’t have to act like one.
Nationwide Limo can take care of all your transportation needs. Visit the website today to learn more about their extensive services.